Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: A211 cabinets

  1. #1
    Hostboard Member tinpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2011
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    A211 cabinets

    Has anyone ever stacked 2 pairs of these? Also, what horn would you use?

    Thanks

    Tinpan

    - - - Updated - - -

    Sorry ran out of time. Here is what I am up to, I may have a chance to buy some more cabinets. I can get 4 A210 cabinets and 4 A211 cabinets.

    I would add the 4 A210 cabinets to my A4 and make it an A1, since those are all vertical cabinets.

    I have another place in my garage where I could add a pair of A211 cabinets, since they would take up the same horizontal floor space, I could even stack a pair and make a pair of A2's laying on their side.

    I would have 8 203 horns as part of the deal, I could use a pair for the A2's or I wonder if there is a way to gang them and make 2 stacks of 4 203's for the A2's

    Kicking ideas around

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    A211 cabinets


    Phil-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2013
    Location
    restaurant at the end of the universe
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Re: A211 cabinets

    i would not want to live down the block.
    Sonic Barbarian

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member dbale's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2007
    Posts
    140
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A211 cabinets

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil-G View Post
    i would not want to live down the block.
    I would....

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A211 cabinets

    Are these those white ones on ebay?
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  5. #5
    Hostboard Member tinpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2011
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A211 cabinets

    Yes, he has a total of 16 cabinets with horns. He also had a craigs list ad where he was asking $200 for a cabinet with a horn. He said he is waiting to hear back from someone that wants all 16. Depending on the shipping cost and if they are available I might get 4 to 8 cabinets. I'm also tracking on a JBL 4320 that I've wanted for a long time as well so I might not get these....but...it's kind of like crack calling an addict. Just be cause the opportunity presents itself doesn't mean I should do it. Seeing an A1 in my garage would be a lot of fun though. I use a small EL 84 or a 300b tube amp to drive that one. It just delivers the ultimate sweet spot.

    Doing the horizontal cabinets and using different drivers and using my Carver Cherry 260 which is a KT 120 based tube amp would let me configure that one to see how loud I can make it.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member VolvoHeretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2011
    Location
    The Exact Center of North America
    Posts
    841
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A211 cabinets

    Altec Lansing A4 210 211 Cabinet 203 Horn Vott Voice of The Theater | eBay

    Wall to wall speakers. Are those 203 horns any good, I've never heard of them before?
    "James, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!" World's scariest Volvo: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKn-LTNa4rc[/url]

  7. #7
    HB Super Moderator
    A211 cabinets


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: A211 cabinets

    Quote Originally Posted by VolvoHeretic View Post
    Altec Lansing A4 210 211 Cabinet 203 Horn Vott Voice of The Theater | eBay

    Wall to wall speakers. Are those 203 horns any good, I've never heard of them before?
    The 203's are long throw horns.. Not good in small rooms.IMHO they are great outdoor horns.Or for long narrow rooms.

  8. #8
    Hostboard Member tinpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2011
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A211 cabinets

    I've heard the 203's on a friends A7 and you are right, they really throw the sound a long way. I have 803 and 1003's, I didn't think I would like them but, after having them set up I think they balance the system much nicer.

    What I was trying to figure out was what would to use with 211 cabinets. I'm not that familiar with them. I guess a lot of it will depend on what 288 horn driver I use. I would get the 515 drivers from Great Plains. Here's what I was thinking

    2
    I could lay a pair for A211 cabinets in the back of the 3 bay part of my garage, open the doors, and see what it sounds like.

    I have 288-8k drivers on my A4 which if I am reading correctly, are rated for 15 watts. I've already figured out how to blow the phrams in a pair of 806 drivers and I don't want to do that on a pair of 288's. The 288-8k's sound so nice on my low wattage tube amp.

    I wonder if I would have to worry about blowing the phrams in say a 291-8k. It looks like they would be rated at 50 watts, or, is that not a good choice for music?

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member
    A211 cabinets


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: A211 cabinets

    the 299 fram is better
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  10. #10
    Hostboard Member tinpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2011
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A211 cabinets

    Thanks Old Guy, that's what I was looking for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.